Videoing the eclipse - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old August 21st, 2017, 04:48 AM   #16
Wrangler

Re: Videoing the eclipse

Haha Donald, that's what I decided as well. I thought about getting filters and going somewhere, but decided to just save my money and time. This is going to be the most over-shared event in many years, don't think I could contribute much on my own.

It's funny, Carbondale IL is the place where it will be the longest in the US. My mothers family lived just a few miles from there and I used to visit frequently. But that was long ago and they're all gone now.

Hope everyone views it safely and doesn't do any damage to their cameras!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 07:50 PM   #17
Trustee

Well guys, I just got home from watching the 100% eclipse from a State Park in South Carolina. First, I must give credit to the SC State Troopers for doing such a magnificent job of keeping people moving on the interstates and providing assistance to everyone that needed help or directions. Now, the eclipse was magnificent!! This was my second one (Washington State Nov. 1979). I decided not to take my XF300 because like others said, there will be millions of shots of it on the web. I wont be around for the next one, but I'm sure glad I caught this one. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 08:52 PM   #18
Major Player

Here in Northen California it was partial and very cloudy.
Normally we have blue skies but Murphy's law applied here too. :(

Cary Knoop is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders