XH A1 Audio Sync in FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XH A1 Audio Sync in FCP

I did a search on this topic but couldn't find an answer.

I am trying to monitor audio while capturing HDV 1080 24 footage from my XH A1 to FCP 6 via firewire. At first I had no audio other than from the camera, this was solved by connecting the camera directly to my computers speakers through the cameras A/V1 port to the speakers L/R rca inputs. I am capturing directly to a standard Apple internal 750GB SATA drive. When capturing HDV footagee there is no option to "Preview Audio" under the "Clip Settings" tab. FCP is set up as Format: HDV Use: 1080p24 Rate: All Rates. Both camera and FCP are set to non drop time code.

Problem is that the video footage seen through FCPs log and capture window is not in sync with the video seen on the camera's lcd. The audio heard is in sync with the camera, not with the video seen on FCP. There must be an easy fix to this but I can't find it. Why is there a delay between camera and computer?

Can anyone help?

Thanks Rich

Last edited by Richard Siberry; August 14th, 2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Richard Siberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #2
New Boot

This is absolutely normal and there are no fix. (With this configuration).

The audio and video captured are still in sync.

Bw

Sven
Sven Ohrvik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders