Help no videocapture - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Well
I have done a full power down, uninstalled the firewire then let windows reinstall upon rebooting, and installed a trial version of Ulead Media studio pro 8. Media studio can't find my camcorder and Neo picked up yhe HC1 on one of five attempts.

If I ever get thia figured out I'll let you guys know.
I do appreciate the recommendations.

Brent
Brent Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM   #17
Tourist

What about the cable

Brent, I've been pulling my hair out with my a1 for 3 months with ieee 1394 connection issues. bought 2 new 4pinx4pin cables from best buy and zeroed in on connection issues at the a1's dv terminal. I sent the cam to be repair. Sent back with message. "No problem, check cable". I bought a

Belkin IEEE 1394 FireWire Cable - 6'

at curcuit city. It works great now. It really was just the stupid cable in my case. I hope thats your issue too. best of luck
Tim Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #18
Major Player

Sometimes, if I switch back and forth between the VCR position on the dial and the next position past VCR, (never use it , not sure even what it is) it'll work. The cam will be magically recognized by my computer. Some days I nmay need to rock it back and forth twice, but it will work.

I know it doesn't make sense that such a thing should have an impact, but....it does work on mine.
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thank you for the suggestions. I have purchased a new firewire cable and a VIA firewire card. My Sony HC1 is initialized every time but nada with my A1. I have read that I TI chipset firewire card will work with the A1. I do have an old TI firewire card but xp pro does not recognize the TI card. I have looked for TI drivers on the web...I found a "ubicore" driver but it crashed my system. I guess I will buy another TI card and try that.
Brent Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders