Wrestling? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 17th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Tourist

Wrestling?

Hello all,

A coworker of mine is looking for a higher end camera to film commercials and other business oriented promotions. However, he is also looking for a camera to replace his tiny panasonic handhelds for filming pro wrestling events he manages. Most of these events are poorly lit with fluorescent lights and super high ceilings. My question is, do you think the A1 will be able to do the double duty or should he look into something else?

By the way, I'm rooting for the A1 simple for the fact that I'll get to play with it haha, but that's beside the point. Any help would be grateful.
Brian Crouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

Will be nice for the commercial work.

Not recommended for the first couple rows of seats at ring-side that take abuse from participants being thrown into them. Otherwise it should work well unless it is really dark.

With High Def you will be able to see the teeth marks <g>.
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Major Player

I used a DVX a lot last year to film wrestling ring-side.

The DVX struggled in the lighting conditions and I am pretty sure it is at least a stop and maybe two stops faster then the A1.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Tourist

Thanks for the replies. To give an idea of what the lighting is like you can check out the video below. I mean, it would be ideal to change the lighting and fancy it up, but the budget for the shows is slim to none. Either way, what would be a good framerate for the high flying stuff? I'm just trying to provide him with as much info as possible so I don't lead him to something he will regret.

Again, thanks for the quick responses, hopefully I will be around these parts more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPz_X1MFUQ

Last edited by Brian Crouch; October 17th, 2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: forgot the video
Brian Crouch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders