UV filter (for protection) for the XH-A1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 26th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Griffin View Post
the hoya UV filter I use seems to cause lensflare
to show up a bit sooner than without it.
maybe that could be the difference between the 2 pieces.
Which hoya uv filter are you using?
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM   #17
Major Player

i couldn't tell you exactly but its definately a cheap one. its threaded on the outside also if i need to add another filter.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #18
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Sobel View Post
I've finally joined the ranks of XH-A1 owners!!! Now I'm looking for a UV filter to put on all the time for protection. I'm considering a Hoya filter. B & H has several.

There is the Hoya 72mm Ultraviolet (UV) Pro 1 Digital Multi-Coated Glass Filter for $73.50. The website is:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...et_UV_Pro.html

There is also the Hoya 72mm Ultraviolet UV(0) Haze Multi-Coated Glass Filter for $37.50. The website is:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...UV_0_Haze.html

Is the first one really worth virtually twice the price? Is there a noticable difference in how they affect the video quality?
The Hoya is a quality product for sure. I would recommend (obviously) that you give our B+W MRC filters a look. The major differences are that ours are made from Water White German Schott glass which is the finest glass available. They are also feature our exclusive Multi Resistent Coating which is a hard coating that repels water and dust better than any other filter on the market. Also, our filters are made from a brass ring.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...D=671&IID=4481

Abel Cine Tech is an official dealer for Schneider Optics imported B+W filters. If you buy from them or other official US dealers you will get a 10 year warranty on the filter.

Also, the price on the filter should be about the same or less than the Hoya.

Ryan Avery
Regional Sales Representative
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders