Hdmi? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 13th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #1
New Boot

Hdmi?

Hi all
Just to start off by saying I dont have an A1 yet but Iam going to buy one next month. I have a question though. Is there any direct plug in method from an A1 to a 1080i LCD TV to show your HD footage. Its my understanding the A1 doesnt have a HDMI socket so how would I show my HD footage directly on to the TV in all its wonderful HD glory.
Martin D. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

No HDMI, but there is Component output.

Also Martin, everything you could ever possibly want to know about this camera -- including the question you just asked -- has *already* been posted to this forum. You need only to use the search function to find out something specific.

Start with my XH site: http://www.dvinfo.net/canonxh/watchdog.php

Then download and read the manual: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=78794

And then look for any specific topics of interest here in this forum. Please don't start a new thread unless you're absolutely certain that it's a question which has never been asked here before. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Martin...........

Interesting you say "1080i" telly. Is it not capable of 1080p?

OK, well you have two options:

1. Just plug the Component lead (comes with the camera, three RCA connectors on the telly end) into the telly and you have 1080i (as long as said telly has Component connections!). You do, of course, need a seperate Audio cable (also included with camera) to get the sound.

2. If the telly has HDMI inputs, buy a HV20 and use a (not included with camera) HDMI cable from it to connect to the telly. Pop the tape from the A1 into the HV20, and away you go.

Personal observation:

HDMI does give a superior picture, tho' Component runs it a very close second.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders