Record and Play button issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 30th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Record and Play button issues

My record button on the top handle gets stuck under the plastic to the right. Is it poor design or did something break?

Also, the Play button on the top handle doesn`t depress. All the other buttons push down and pop up. When I push play it works, but doesn`t depress at all...I`m not sure if its always been like that and i just noticed? Or is it broken as well? My camera hasn`t seen any hard times that would break the button especially since its covered %90 of the time, but I`m wondering if something got frail in the cold and broke? Is the button supposed to not move? Or is it like the other buttons that go down and up when pushed?
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Major Player

I think you've got a problem.

My record button operates smoothly. You might have a bit of grit in there.

Also, my play button moves the same as all the others.

Have you been to the beach with this thing? Sounds like you might have grit under the play button as well.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Major Player

no beach. The record button actually shifts, so when its pushed down it slides slightly to the right so it gets hooked and stuck under the plastic.

The Play button doesn`t seem like grit sense it doesn`t move at all but there is nothing visible to the eye around its edges. Feels more like it collapsed?
Old December 3rd, 2007, 09:40 AM   #4
Major Player

Whats the usual turn around time for sending the camera in for work? I haven`t contacted canon yet, was hoping others may know what the issue was, but if i were to send it in, how long would i be without it?
Old December 3rd, 2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Nathan that does not sound right. My button just goes up and down.

Canon service is excellent I had a 4 day turnaround. I was able to talk to the tech when they had my camera on the bench.

Also they are in NJ so UPS for us in RI is one day each way paying for ground.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders