Flipping LCD properly flips image vertically, but wrong horiz. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 31st, 2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Flipping LCD properly flips image vertically, but wrong horiz.

Hey guys... I just realized that on my A1, when I flip the LCD screen towards the front of the camera, it properly flips the image on the screen vertically, but fails to flip the image correctly horizontally. In other words, it's like looking into a mirror, as opposed to the actual view.

Is this normal behavior? For some reason, and maybe I never noticed, but I could have sworn it flipped the image correctly before. But now it produces the mirror-type image.

Anyone know? Thanks.
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Mine flips the pic vertically and horizontally. i.e. It looks normal to me both ways.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Major Player

It is supposed be like a mirror. It is meant for selfcomposed shots (no camera operator), much easier to react and frame with a familiar mirror image than a "correct" one.
Petri Kaipiainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Major Player

If you have the LCD facing toward the scene, the image is a mirror image. If while in this mode you rotate it or push it back so it rests against the control/display wheel it will flip back to a normal view.

Pat
Pat Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petri Kaipiainen View Post
It is supposed be like a mirror. It is meant for selfcomposed shots (no camera operator), much easier to react and frame with a familiar mirror image than a "correct" one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Reddy View Post
If you have the LCD facing toward the scene, the image is a mirror image. If while in this mode you rotate it or push it back so it rests against the control/display wheel it will flip back to a normal view.

Pat
So then what I am describing with mine showing a "mirrored" image is correct? Well at least now I know there is nothing wrong with my LCD!!! YES!!!
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders