A Season in Hell complete at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 30th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A Season in Hell complete

Hi,
months ago I wrote here about my video for Médicine Sans Frontière... now I have finished it, and you can watch it on my website www.alexnucci.it. It has subtitles.

Hope you find it interesting and well made.

Made with Canon XH-A1, HDV 25F. It has been downconverted to DVD and DV/Betacam SP. This H264 clip has been made directly from a AppleProRes intermediate of the HD edit.

Alessandro
Alessandro Nucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Major Player

The title says it all! Very nice camera work but disturbing images. It's sad to see these conditions and sad that so many people turn a blind eye to these conditions. Perhaps your video will help in some way.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Such a sad story to be set in such a beautiful place. Nice work. Its really a shame that things like this still exist in such a beautiful country. Very nice colors as well, what preset/settings did you use?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

This Happens in America too

You can make almost the same video if you take the Interstate-80 heading west until you reach the I-5 in Sacramento, California. Then take the I-5 south until you reach the town of San Joaquin or Mendota, or Huron or any other farm town in the Central Valley. They even grow tomatoes there. But if I were there with my A1 I would set my preset to the Bleach Bypass and document the expanse of cotton fields and workers in San Joaquin. Something about the defoliated cotton plants against the clear blue sky just suggests to me Bleach Bypass to bring out the bleakness of the scene.

It is a shame these conditions exist anywhere. This is a sad fact of farming every where. Everyone wants to pay bargain prices for produce, which translates to low pay and substandard living conditions for the workers who farm the fields.

Nice work. Let's hope it makes a difference.
Steve Kachocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #5
New Boot

Alessandro, (looks great I am download hell right now)

Do you mean 24f--I wasn't aware the xh a1 did 25?

Tony
Tony Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Ferguson View Post
Alessandro, (looks great I am download hell right now)

Do you mean 24f--I wasn't aware the xh a1 did 25?

Tony
The European XH-A1 does only 50i and 25F. But like the American version, it can be modified to accept also 60i/24F/30F.

Alex
Alessandro Nucci is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders