Just purchased from Zotz! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Just purchased from Zotz!

People, I am absolutely freaking out! I just ordered an XH A1 and some essential accessories (filters, tapes, a bag, a tripod, wide-angle converter) from Tom at Zotz Digital.

Once I get this camera, I'll have to start producing real, high-quality product information and installation videos and little web commercials for my employer, Stylin' Trucks. I've been trying to launch our video program for the last two years with a little ZR85 and the bosses finally are seeing the effects - some extra web traffic, increased conversion rates.

So they approved for me to get a "real" camera, the Canon XH A1. I'm so psyched!

Ok, I want to give props to Tom at Zotz Digital for helping me along the way. I found their site through this board and contacted them online. Tom called me the next day and e-mailed a quote to me before we even hung up the phone. He was very helpful in suggesting different camera options (SD, or HD? We obviously settled on HD, and the A1) and also very helpful in suggesting accessories that I may need, like suggesting a wireless lav mic for product installations - great idea, Tom!

Call Zotz Digital if you want to get something, or contact them online and they get back to you quickly. Their info can be found on the sponsor page.

Though this isn't officially "my" camera, for all intents and purposes it is. and I'm all about teamwork and community. So if anyone in Cleveland wants to check out an A1, or needs a second shooter (though I'm totally still a noob), contact me.

Those are my pennies.
Will
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #2
Major Player

Zotz...

I love Zotz too. (also bought my XHA1 there). Definitely going with them for all my big video purchases.

JR
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Wrangler

Bought my HV20 and MacPro edit system from them last year. Good stuff.
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #4
Major Player

I am freaking out!! Fedex tracking shows the package is In-Transit from Toledo, Ohio. That's only 1.5 hours from here. Yesterday was a holiday, maybe it'll be delivered today!!
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The suspense is killing me!
Kellen Dengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #6
Contributor

Is it there yet???
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Major Player

Still waiting...

The damn thing is in Grove City, Ohio, which appears to be just south of Columbus, which is 2.5 hours south of me, in Cleveland.

Feb 19, 2008 5:12 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

GROVE CITY, OH

So it was in Toledo (two hours west of here) on Friday, and how it's in Grove City (2.5 hours south of me) today. Maybe it'll work it's way completely around and be in Pittsburgh tomorrow and up in Toronto on Friday. We'll see...I've got the receiving guy all pissed 'cause I keep bothering him, "It'll be here when it gets here. Christ almighty, Mahoney...the world's still gonna be here in two days for you to vidyatape."

Yes, he calls it "Vid-ya" and not "Vid-e-oh". :)
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #8
Major Player

hopefully the camera is recording the awesome journey around Ohio :)
sounds like an interesting trip

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders