B/W footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #16
Major Player

Steven

You could enter any of the film festivals around in the experimental category and propably win a whole lot of awards, I've seen way too many experimental films that are poorly shot and dont have a good subject win awards. This piece would do well I recon, made me watch it several times :)
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #17
New Boot

Any filters on that

Steven once again nice job--I've been playing around with my letus extreme w/ the xha1--trial by fire stuff, in post I've had to add some noise filters to smooth some shots out--do you use any (video) noise filters? I must say I'm thrilled with my letus extreme I had the previous letus but this one is far and away ten times better. Hooray Quyen.

Brendan
Brendan Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Lovely work Steven!

I'm thinking of getting a XL A1 as an extra cam, and with Letus Extreme. Do you need a extra monitor for focusing, or is the flip/evf better then XL H1 (must be ;-). Looking for a lightweight handheld solution!
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Dempsey View Post
I also really enjoy my Nikon 55mm f2.8 macro lens, the one I used in this piece.
Hi Steven,
Great work once again. I'm trying to shoot some really close up macro stuff with my xha1 and was wondering if this is a good deal on the lens?

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...encyPreference

Anything else you need to have it work with the xha1? Thanks!
Rick Oconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #20
New Boot

Nevermind that url I posted, found it on B&H's site much cheaper.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...l&A=cart&Q=add
Rick Oconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Steven, where are you getting your music? any recommendations of good sites that sell good music for video?
Brian Ladue is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders