Redrock And Cannon FD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Redrock And Cannon FD

So i've just got a redrock and 80-200 1.4 canon fd lens, but i can't seem to focus! Does anyone know how much the Canon should be zoomed in on the ground glass? Also the focus?
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I haven't seen a RedRock in person, but I can image it requires a step-up/step-down ring of some sort to properly fit and provide the correct distance. Did you get one of these rings or something like that specific to a 72mm lens?
Kellen Dengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Major Player

it just slips right onto the system by a suction cup device, maybe i should ask this in the 35mm adapter section aye? Could have gone either way. hahahah well thanks anywayss
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yo Loren. I don't know about the redrock but I have a Letus. You gotta make sure your xha1 is focused on the ground glass before putting the lens on, man. So just zoom the xh all the way so its completely telephoto and then turn peaking on, look through your canon lcd and make sure the ground glass is not spinning. turn it off. Focus it on the ground glass. Then turn on auto focus and tape your focus ring on the canon down. The attach the lens and zoom the canon out so that you barely have the ground glass out of frame. Now, make sure you use a high res monitor to pull focus. You won't be able to tell focus worth shit with the lcd on the canon
Steve Yager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #5
Major Player

yeah i tried focusing on the ground gladd, but i didnt use your peaking suggestion! so i think i'll do that tomorow, but i just bought a hard mount kit to im hoping thatll fix it as well! Thankss for ur help yager!
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #6
New Boot

Loren,

would you kindly contact me...I'm thinking of getting the M2 and would like to share ideas with you and perhaps learn about your rig.

Would you email me...

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders