Using photos to test presets? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #1
New Boot

Using photos to test presets?

In lieu of shooting tons of tape for comparisons between various presets, is shooting still photos to the card a decent compromise? I wouldn't have to spend the time capturing from tape, not to mention saving wear on the heads.

Anyone else finds this works for them?
Sean Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Wrangler

Consider using a Macbeth ColorChecker chart. it is a standard used in photography for checking color rendition/balance, and provides both color patches and gray scale patches. Available for good photo suppliers.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cker_Card.html
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the suggestion. My question revolves around the differences between shooting stills to the card and shooting video to tape. I was wondering if anyone uses photos to capture images using various presets, and finds them a fair representation of how the same image would appear on tape.
Sean Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders