My A1 It's not loading the tape. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Major Player

My A1 It's not loading the tape.

I'm wedding videographer using multiple canon A1s for my weddings. The last saturday I have an issue with the most recent A1 with just 4 weeks old. When I try to load the tapes is not acepting the tapes. Is pushing back the tapes like when they are not inserted properly.The camera is no even pushing down the tape.
And is not even making sound that they normally do when they are going to start loading.But is re-ejecting the tapes out. Visually everything looks normal + taking in consideration that is almost a new cam.

Is any body had this issue before?

I guest that repair is my only try so far.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
When I try to load the tapes is not acepting the tapes. Is pushing back the tapes like when they are not inserted properly.The camera is no even pushing down the tape.
And is not even making sound that they normally do when they are going to start loading.But is re-ejecting the tapes out. Visually everything looks normal + taking in consideration that is almost a new cam.

Is any body had this issue before?
Did you try several different tapes? I had a similar problem once but it turned out to be a defective tape cassette - the sprung flap was jamming. The camera has worked fine ever since. (I threw away the bad tape).
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 05:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Yes I did
In fact I used the same tape in another A1 camera without any issue.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Major Player

When this happens take the tape out. Push the tape holder back in without a tape and let it retract into the camera per normal then close the black tape cover/door completely.

Next open the tape cover/door and try and insert the tape again.

I think there is a mechanical/software bug that makes the camera reject any tape after an initial loading problem until the tape cover/door gets closed all the way. In other words, I think it has to go through a full loading cycle without a tape, including closing and opening the door, to "clear" the error.

Hope this helps.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders