Not really pleased with IQ compared with my HV20. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Not really pleased with IQ compared with my HV20.

Alright guys, I was hoping you may help me figure this out. Hopefully it's just a settings issue.

I know a lot of you guys like and are really after the "filmic" look, but honestly for me I like my pictures a bit more sharp.

I'm not trying to make a movie with my A1 or any of my other cameras. I just love a good clean crisp image.

So with that being said, how do I shoot my images so they look more crisp/sharp like the HV20? I have read some of the sharpness threads here, but I'm still sorta confused. Of course I can add sharpness in post, but even that just doesn't seem to match what my HV10/HV20 can produce.

Is there another setting outside of sharpness I need to change as well? How about a certain preset that will give me a more crisp image?

I love vividrgb for the colors, but the softness is just too soft for my liking.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Brad Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Contributor

That's interesting. I had to crank the sharpness down when I got mine. Check you settings. Maybe you somehow tweaked the setting and made it too soft for your liking.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders