Auto Focus TOO sensitive - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 5th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #16
Trustee

It's easy to say what I'd do next time, but hard at the time when you are not even aware it's out of focus on the little LCD.

So in retrospect, I'd manual focus on two points, aft and fore, and use the focus/zoom preset to transition between them, focus speed preset to adjust the speed of the transition.

May not have been possible...
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #17
Major Player

Great tips and info folks... Thanks!

I just shot a track thing recently... it was pretty tough to maintain a manual focus and zoom as the runners went by... It worked well in many situations to focus on the finish line and have them run into focus, and then compensate from there...

Auto focus would have not worked so well with all the people moving in and out of my frame at the race finish...

Oh, also, I kept my thumb on the push auto focus button... That did help in a bind.

Anyway, again, great tips! Good thread. :)
Micky Hulse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders