Standing Firm - Feature Film shot on A1+LetusEX - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Hey Kyle,

I just finished watching Standing Firm. I must say that you surpassed my expectations. The story, cinematography, music and editing is much better than most films of this budget.

How has distribution gone for you? Are you selling more copies than you expected?

Are you planning on making another feature in the future?

Great job!
Mitch Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #62
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Bird View Post
Hi Kyle! Looks good-- we shot an XH-A1/ Brevis feature in March, very different look, which is always interesting/ fun :) You can catch our early teaser trailer here-- THE DEAD OUTSIDE, A Scottish Horror/Thriller Feature Film from Kerry Anne Mullaney. full length/ serious trailer coming soon.
KYLE AND KRIS....great job to both of you! I have to admit you guys are pretty far apart on your subject matter. haha.

Have either of you posted any footage showing your equipment setup while taping these movies. Id love to watch those clips.

Good Luck to you both,
Jeff

duh...........just found Kyle's blog.........anymore anywhere let me know.
Jeff Hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Hunt View Post
Hey Kyle,

I just finished watching Standing Firm. I must say that you surpassed my expectations. The story, cinematography, music and editing is much better than most films of this budget.

How has distribution gone for you? Are you selling more copies than you expected?

Are you planning on making another feature in the future?

Great job!
Thank you Mitch for the comments! :) I'm still blown away we pulled off what we did with the money we had. Distribution has gone very well for a film of this size and we've had the pleasure of being featured in many catalogs, stayed in the Top 10 lists of many websites in our market (#1 on one of them for over a month straight), and even still after Aug 24th sales continue to go strong and actually increase over time which NEVER happens so God is good!

I'm really looking forward to doing another. I have the itch already, and it's driving me insane.
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #64
Major Player

I cant add much to what others have said about your movie....a super job all around.

One added benefit for me personally is...
When I think about buying another camera or some other expensive attachment, I pull out my "Standing Firm" DVD and watch it. Doing this keeps me grounded and reminds me I "already have" the right equipment. I just need to learn how to use it better..

Thanks and kudos to you and your crew,
Jeff
Old November 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #65
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Prohaska View Post
I'm really looking forward to doing another. I have the itch already, and it's driving me insane.
I'd love to help you out out on your next film, but I live halfway across the country in central Nebraska. I'm a senior in high school this year, spending much of my free time learning filmmaking and working on projects.
Mitch Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #66
Major Player

Thanks for the flattering words Jeff, I appreciate it.

I look forward to shooting another film. It's driving me nuts that I currently have no specific idea I can grab onto and throw myself into again...

Just like this time, I'll be shooting to make much of a little but I wont' be looking at the same budget. I hope to have a larger crew and some more resources. If I can come up with something special I want to shoot a short this summer but unless I get a great story in mind, I'm not doing anything.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM   #67
Major Player

I just finished watching Standing Firm for the second time...the first was to "drool" over the quality of the shoot.
the second time........was for the story.

I must say this old boy had a few tears throughout...it hit home to me.

You did what you set out to do..........!!

Thanks so much,
Jeff
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:20 AM   #68
Major Player

I'm glad you like it Jeff :)

Hey if you haven't already become a fan on Facebook...we've passed 60,000 recently. Be sure to invite your friends to the page as well. http://www.facebook.com/standingfirm

Thanks again for the compliments. I just realized today this thread has over 12,000 views on it. :O That's insane!
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #69
Major Player

Standing Firm on sale for $9.99 on FamilyChristian.com...get it while it's hot! 50% off! Standing Firm - DVD - Rob Reisman, Eric Stevenson, Bridgestone Group/ Alpha Omega - Family Christian Stores

Also, lots of great new press on the way! :D
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:03 PM   #70
Major Player

Re: Standing Firm - Feature Film shot on A1+LetusEX

Just looked at some past footage from this film today while I was researching some new cameras. I gotta say I'm still blown away by what the A1 and 35mm combo can give you. The XF300 seems like a great step up from the A1 and will right some of the wrongs (or limitations rather) of my previous films image. Mostly noise, the codec being 422 and 50mb/s not HDV 420, audio uncompressed, LCD, etc. But even so...the images from my old film are crazy to me sometimes.

Anybody who tells you DSLR's can do everything and 35mm Adapters are dead...well...they're wrong LOL.

http://www.kyleprohaska.com/rob2.jpg
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:43 AM   #71
Major Player

Re: Standing Firm - Feature Film shot on A1+LetusEX

As of today, Standing Firm is now available on Netflix Streaming! :D http://bit.ly/sfonnetflix

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders