Basic Presets Question- Sorry at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Basic Presets Question- Sorry

DVers,

I've followed the presets discussion with great interest, downloaded the ZIP of all presets and copied 2 I wanted to try to a new SD card into a folder named "PRESET" Here's what I did:

1. Initialized the card with the camera.
2. Copied over one preset from camera to card so the camera could make the appropriate folder.
3. Put the card in a reader and confirmed the one file in a "PRESET" folder.
4. Copied two presets from the download into the PRESET folder.
5. Put the card in the camera and only have access to the original file copied from camera to card.
6. Cycled through the presets on the camera and confirmed 9 internal and only one on the card.
7. Put the card back in the computer and confirmed the file names were unchanged from the download, i.e. "PRESET02.CPF", "PRESET03.CPF", etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Are you sure it's an XH series preset, and not an XL series preset?

Hate to say it, but you could always just hard-enter the preset values by keying them in manually.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, these are the XH presets from the sticky that were uploaded by James Lynch. I used the Zip file that Arnoold Tersteeg put together. (Pages 20-21 of the thread)

I will enter them manually tomorrow if necessary, but I really don't want to do it for 20-30 to do some testing.

Bill
Bill Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Solved!

I happened to be doing a firmware update on a digital recorder I have and couldn't get it to work. Tech Support said sometimes the Mac does something to the ZIP file which renders it unusable. Just for fun, I tried downloading the files individually, rather than from the ZIP and it worked.

I haven't investigated the Mac ZIP file issue, but at least I don't have to manually enter the settings.

Bill
Bill Doyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders