A1 buttons not responding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 27th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #1
Major Player

A1 buttons not responding

Ok, I bought my camera last May, since then I had to send it in for repair because the handle control buttons collapsed. The fixed it under the year warranty, but made note "This was a courtesy fix only, not covered under the faulty parts warranty". That I thought was BS, and now 4 months later the handle buttons randomly stop responding again. Not only them but also my magnify/peaking/display control panel will stop responding until I shut the camera off and turn it back on. Whats the deal? Anyone else have this happen? For $3,500 its craftsmanship is starting to be not at all worth the money, especially since I am still paying it off.

And would they still fix it since it seems to be faulty? Or am I going to have to pay to fix it?

Also is there a way to check the hours on the camera for usage? Because I know I haven`t used it that much yet its still failing.
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Nathan,
There isn't an hour meter on the camera, also have you checked that the lock isn't on? It is located on the top on the camera just around from rec, and also on the rec button near the handstrap if that makes sense..
Jonathan Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #3
Major Player

i am positive its not the lock unless its faulty as it stops responding at random. Both in VCR mode and shooting modes :\

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders