filming waterfalls at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 15th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #1
New Boot

filming waterfalls

Hi

Wanted to know if anyone has filmed waterfalls close up with XH A1, be it small ones or Niagara Falls. Curious if there are any accessories to protect the camera (with or without a lens adapter) from the spray. I know they make underwater cases but are there any alternatives that won't leak?

btw, I don't plan on submerging the camera or passing it through a stream of water. ;)

Thanks

D
Darren D'Agostino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Major Player

All I know is I went on the Maid of the Mist (canadian side of Niagra falls) with a digital camera and at one point you might as well have been in a bath - one of the buttons no longer functions the same - I would be very careful going into that fine mist with the A1 without at least a rain fitted cover

portabrace here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...n_Slicker.html

trish
Trish Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Check out - ewa-marine*:*Home*
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #4
New Boot

I put my camera in a plastic bag with the opening around the lens, then I secured it around the lens with a rubber band. The glass on the lens will get wet though.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Darren

I bought one of these Petrolbags for my A1. I know its for DVX but my A1 works well with it and you'll get very good protection from spray or rain and very cheap.

Otherwise a perfectly fitted one for twice the price http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...n_Slicker.html
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders