Letus35 Extreme, or the Brevis35 flip? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM   #1
New Boot

Letus35 Extreme, or the Brevis35 flip?

Well guys, I'm very close to buying the Letus35 extreme - I've been researching it for months and love the look it produces, etc. My goal is to be able to shoot a feature with it this upcoming year. And, y'know, it's in my count-my-pennies-budget.

Now, I came across a thread on the Letus forums which had a handful of disgruntled full time filmmakers bashing the Letus' poor, cheap motor design... How it sometimes shuts off, or the ground glass falls off - things like this. Things that I've never really heard before.

Now, this forum is always very Letus-supportive. I figure for a good reason... But, I never really did research on the BREVIS. It seems to be in the same price-range, but I don't hear as many people "talking" about it as much.

Any better? Worse? Better craftsmanship? More expensive in the long run?

I'd love to hear some stories... Some comparisons...

Well, thanks!

-Ant
Anthony Sellitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Major Player

I can't speak much for either letus or Brevis as I use the RNG35 adapter which is great as well, which you propably should take a look at as its half the price of the other 2.

But I know Patrick Moreau from Stillmotion uses Brevis permanently and he is getting excellent results and hasn't given any bad feedback from it, so I would say its a very good adapter considering its being used on real time shooting (weddings) which is a good test to see how well it performs and easy to use.

Maybe Patrick could enlighten us on his experience with Brevis.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders