XH A1s in stock? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XH A1s in stock?

Does anyone have a more specific date, other than "December" for the new A1s to hit the shelves? And possibly where, hopefully online. I'd like to TRY to have one by the holidays so that I could do some testing with Dennis @ Cinevate while I am in his town. Right now I am planning on ordering from B&H, talked with someone there today and they had no date set.
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Okay, so now B&H are taking Pre-orders, there's threat of a price increase? Anyone know if there are any other places that actually have the cameras IN STOCK?

Talked with someone at B&H today and he just said that they expect it SOMETIME in the next 30 days, but no idea when it was actually going to show up...

I'm in Canada and would prefer some place in Canada but haven't started making calls yet to see who actually has it, thought some people might have done that already.

Anyone have any insight?
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I called around to several places and contacts I know yesterday and didn't get any better answer - shortly was the best I got.

Good luck.

I am eager to buy one also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Williams View Post
Okay, so now B&H are taking Pre-orders, there's threat of a price increase? Anyone know if there are any other places that actually have the cameras IN STOCK?

Talked with someone at B&H today and he just said that they expect it SOMETIME in the next 30 days, but no idea when it was actually going to show up...

I'm in Canada and would prefer some place in Canada but haven't started making calls yet to see who actually has it, thought some people might have done that already.

Anyone have any insight?
Mike Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Major Player

We just got some today....so if you're in LA, come se us.

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer Inc.
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders