B and H emailed me...XH-A1s in stock...3999.99 12-22-08 - 6:00PM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM   #1
New Boot

B and H emailed me...XH-A1s in stock...3999.99 12-22-08 - 6:00PM

XH-A1s - I did not see this anywhere yet.

Last edited by Francis Nelson; December 22nd, 2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: TYPO
Francis Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

6:25 EST: Just check the B&H website and yes it's listed as you say. But, a few items down it is listed again at $2,999.99. Go figure.
Don Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM   #3
New Boot

I believe you are referring to the older XH-A1, not the XH-A1s. The older model is still 2999.99.
Francis Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I received the e-mail and followed the link - at least it was in stock shortly after the e-mail. I am not sure if it is still available.

I am on the fence between this camera and the HMC150

So many decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Nelson View Post
XH-A1s - I did not see this anywhere yet.
Mike Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Picked one up from a local retailer last week (XHA1s that is) - improvements are fantastic. Redesigned lens, much better geared focus / zoom. Zoom is much snappier and behaves much more like a manual zoom lens with a bit more zip to the zoom function. Not quite a crash zoom, but better than before. 6 pin firewire and a first for Canon - the ability to separate mic and xlr audio (recording together) -

I've always felt that the improvements Canon does on the "a" series cams are always what they should have done initially. (don't we all?) but this time around, they've done a really, really good job on this cam.
Michael Chenoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Chenoweth View Post
Picked one up from a local retailer last week (XHA1s that is) - improvements are fantastic. Redesigned lens, much better geared focus / zoom. Zoom is much snappier and behaves much more like a manual zoom lens with a bit more zip to the zoom function. Not quite a crash zoom, but better than before. 6 pin firewire and a first for Canon - the ability to separate mic and xlr audio (recording together) -

I've always felt that the improvements Canon does on the "a" series cams are always what they should have done initially. (don't we all?) but this time around, they've done a really, really good job on this cam.
Hey Michael,
I would really love to upgrade my XHA1 based on your assessments. Those are the exact things that have frustrated me with the camera. You get use to it but do I ever wish they would have had all these upgraded features in the XHA1 from the beginning. Zooming and focusing, mic and xlr audio recording together, naming of CP displayed on LCD and many more. Thanks for the report.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:55 AM   #7
Major Player

Hey Michael, one of the things that bugs me about the XH-A1 is pulsing autofocus during a slow zoom. I've been wondering if the A1s has solved this by making zooming and focus mechanisms independent. Let us know if you notice a difference.

Cheers

Pat
Pat Reddy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders