Audio duplicated itself ?@#? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Audio duplicated itself ?@#?

So I decided to get some footage of the night sky tonight. I spoke a little commentary and it sounds great, but get this. The last 20 seconds or so of my commentary was captured as the FIRST 20 seconds, rather than the actual 20 seconds that was recorded (plays on tape fine, just captured weird). In other words, when viewing the captured footage, the audio plays fine, but then towards the end it starts over, as if I said the same thing over again, but only for the duration of the clip.

Not really looking for an explanation i guess, just thought I would share, this ever happen to anyone else?

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Nope. Very odd. Possible file corruption on disk could explain it. Bad pointers somewhere. Run CHKDSK with the all encompassing options. It might fix the problem, although not particularly likely. But it would make sure your disk is in good shape for the next time.

BTW: Internal disk or external? If external, make sure you have the best quality cable you can get. Bad ones cause problems that can make you buggy.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Major Player

This used to happen to me, but not recently. Using Premier's "On Location" now and it seems to capture smoothly.

My fix was to run the clip through MPEGstreamclip (free) and use the "fix timecode breaks" option on output.

Don't know exactly what the problem was/is but it might help you.
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Major Player

You know Tripp, I am actually glad you reminded me of this. I have been falling a little short on disk maintenance (couple months I think, but a lot of extra information). Good cables, bad maintenance. Going to take care of that now.

JS
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tyrrell View Post
This used to happen to me, but not recently. Using Premier's "On Location" now and it seems to capture smoothly.

My fix was to run the clip through MPEGstreamclip (free) and use the "fix timecode breaks" option on output.

Don't know exactly what the problem was/is but it might help you.
Glad I'm not the only one! Well kind of ; ). Someone actually mentioned OnLocation to me a couple weeks ago, but I never got around to using it. I'll play around with it today. And yes, MPEGstreamclip is a gem! Thanks for the tip.
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:27 AM   #6
Major Player

I've ended up not using many of the tools in On Location because of the "live" nature of my work and the latency. But... that waveform monitor is a life saver.
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders