Headphones for the A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM   #1
New Boot

Headphones for the A1

Hi Im not sure whether this should go into everything about audio but I guess I have an A1 and I dont know whether certain headphones work compliment the A1 more. I have a rode ntg-2 but often use the on board mic.

Iv tried to seach for some threads and it seems in europe alot of people rate HD 25s and in the US Sony 7506s They both cost around £110 in the UK.

Are they the most ideal is there any which are just as good but cheaper?
Marko Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The 7506's are pretty much the industry standard for professional sound mixers in the U.S. I've tried a few other headphones that were cheaper but none were as good in terms of sound quality, comfort and isolation.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Wrangler

Be aware that some headphones require higher headphone output than the Canons provide. The Sony 7506 do fine, and may be my next headphones when I need to buy again. At this time I use the consumer side MDR-V600 which cost a bit less, but are have a bit more bulk with which to deal.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Trustee

Sennheiser | HD 280 Pro - Circumaural Closed-Back | HD280PRO

I've been using these for over a year and they're great. Loud enough with the A1 to easily hear someone speaking into a mic or the announcer feed when recording motor racing. And the cars can get so loud that if I didn't have headphones I'd want ear plugs.

Very comfortable for hours of wearing. They fold up some for easier packing and they are quite durable. Compared to the old Koss Pro 4A I had 30 years ago when I was in radio, these are a dream.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Thats what I use, too- Sennheiser 280's--a great headphone set, for sure, works really well with the A1.
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Major Player

Marko,

HD25s works very nicely - I personally prefer them to the Sonys and find them more durable. Easy to get through jigsaw24.com etc. Extremely good at cutting out ambient noise.

Make sure you get the right angle plug (may require ordering in. It cuts cable length and makes it all work much more nicely with XH).

In the UK, they come with vinyl and soft earpads - change over to the soft ones for comfort.

Nick.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders