"Crank 2" shot on XH-A1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Finnegan View Post
What's funny is that the moment I commented on this thread Brandon Trost (the cinematographer of Crank: High Voltage) messaged me on Facebook and gave me his number, evidently he wants to have a talk.
Can we say "Crank 3"?

Wonder if this one will be called "Arc Enemies"....get it..."arc" as in an electric arc. (can I has a ba dum cshh?)
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Haha, I don't know about that. I spoke with him on the phone yesterday, he's got a number of features lined up for the next couple years so a Crank 3 is unlikely. Well what is unlikely is that Brandon Trost will be serving as the cinematographer for Crank 3. Maybe I'll see if he can't throw in a good word for me!
Old August 11th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Finnegan View Post
Haha, I don't know about that. I spoke with him on the phone yesterday, he's got a number of features lined up for the next couple years so a Crank 3 is unlikely. Well what is unlikely is that Brandon Trost will be serving as the cinematographer for Crank 3. Maybe I'll see if he can't throw in a good word for me!
Better buy some roller blades! ;)
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Calla View Post
oh man what a horrible movie...
oh man what a great looking movie!

Seriously, it looked good.

Since I have a XH A1 I had to check out the movie, bought Crank and Crank 2 HV on BD and just watched them last night.

Yes, movies were a bit odd but they looked great. If I could only do that with my XH A1 and HV20. I still have to learn editing, maybe a this winter project. PC has been updated for pp HD vid but no software yet. Waiting to load Win 7 in a month. Then maybe try my 30 day trial of Sony Vegas.

Shocked that a $3000 & $1000 camera can make a motion picture, good for them to make something looking that good!
Brian Lakusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:45 PM   #20
Regular Crew

all should watch the "making of" of crank 2, shot at a high shutter speed, 1/2200 i saw on one of the test shots. the colorists said it would be some work getting the directors the picture quality they want. i love the movie and am stoked it was filmed with A1's, used a wide angle adapter a lot, i only have a fisheye, def need a wide angle
Janson Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders