On camera mic mount... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 9th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Major Player

On camera mic mount...

Hey all. I remember reading a brief discussion of this earlier, but my searching efforts came up empty.

My mic-mount on the XHA1 was stuck closed with my sennheiser clamped into it. I even tried putting a little graphite on it, but what ended up happening was that the threaded "socket" that the little tiny screw goes into came unscrewed. (hopefully that makes sense)

I have a couple questions about this. Is it possible to just send the mic-mount in for a repair (and not the qhole camera)? And has anyone repaired this problem themselves?

Thanks!

JR
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Wrangler

You can order a replacement mic mount directly from Canon. I had to do this when I messed up the single screw that closes the mount shut. It's easy enough to take the old one off, and put the new one on. There are two tiny screws holding the mic mount onto the handle. Just have to get the right screwdriver to do the job.
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Major Player

I have actually threaded one of those little screws... they are ridiculous! I want another but I believe Canon only sell it as a package with the holder... probably the most expensive screw ever purchased!
Jonathan Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:34 AM   #4
Major Player

I bought a Canon ZR-2000 LANC thinking it was new, and it was missing one of the mount screws. Canon didn't even return my email about getting a replacement for that!

Anyway, I'll fiddle around with it. I actually *use* my mic mount frequently, which is probably why it got jammed. Amazes me that it could unscrew the "socket" without coming out itself.

I have a shoe-mount I can use if I need to...

Does anyone have a link to the mount-part from Canon? Or do I need to send a support message?

Thanks!

JR
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #5
Wrangler

Forget emailing/leaving a message. Call Canon's technical support and ask for the number for the replacement parts department. Have a pen and credit card ready to go. It's that easy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders