case for XH-A1s1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 1st, 2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

case for XH-A1s1

i just order XHA1s1 and want suggestion on a good case/bag .. i want some thing i can travel around with ... i am planing to fly to difffernet cities and was hoping to get some thing which would be easier to carry and durable + have some space for couple of extra batteries and few tapes ..and cables i guess ...
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Major Player

kata cc93 great bag, inexpensive and reliable
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Contributor

I have a Petrol. It has big zippered pockets, and I get batteries, tapes, wireless mics, etc., in them. I think the model is a P-CUB1, something like that. Portabrace has similar bags. Camrade has one that's cheaper and lighter and might fit on an airplane better. It has less extra pouch space but you could get all your batteries and tapes in it. I got the Petrol because it offers a bit more protection and has a hard bottom with little feet, so if you sit it down on wet ground the water won't seep in from the bottom. The Camrade has a plastic type lining on the inside to keep moisture totally out. Tapeworks Texas carries Camrade, B&H carries Petro, Portabrace and others.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Trustee

If you want a hard case for shipping or protection -- I believe it will fit overhead bins, not positive -- you might like this one. The company got one for travel purposes, it's nicely made and has compartments for cables, batteries, etc. : TL004 Case for Canon HC-4200 HC4200 HC 4200 XH-A1/XH-G1

About $230

/Battle Vaughan/Miamiherald.com video team.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:49 AM   #5
New Boot

Hey man,

Just to throw in my two cents, I use a porta brace bag, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mera_Case.html it's $180, fits the camera snuggly but still has extra room, I keep extra batteries, tapes, charger all in side pockets. Does me well, small enough to throw over your shoulder and not feel overwhelmed. Sturdy foam all in the inside, the camera feels safe.

Hope that helps.

ps. just measured the bag, it's 10 by 20 inches, and would definitely fit in overhead on an airplane, but not under the seat infront of you lol.

Last edited by Alex Diaz; April 2nd, 2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: wrong link originally...
Alex Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Major Player

Wajahat,
I got the Petrol PCCB-1N:
Petrol | PCCB-1N Compact Camcorder Bag | PCCB-1N | B&H Photo
Reason: it fits under the seats of small regional jets.

Best

Vasco
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Trustee

I'm with Vasco on the Petrol. Great bag. I've had mine for over 1.5 years and it still looks new, and I drag this thing to at least a shoot a week, sometimes in some messy places. Cleans up easily and holds everything for the camera (filters, batteries, charger, tapes, shotgun and shoe mount, and rain cover with room left over for my reading glasses so I can see what I'm shooting.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM   #8
Contributor

This is the one I have: Petrol | PCUB-1N Camcorder Bag Kit 2 | B&H Photo Video
It's wider than the PCCB-1N and if the side pockets are stuffed, it might have trouble on some smaller airplanes. If you're traveling by air a lot, that smaller one would be a better deal.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders