Capture from XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #1
New Boot

Capture from XH-A1

Hi all

A question that is perhaps easily answered, I hope.

Is anyone able to capture HD (50i) from an A1 to either or both Vegas 8 or Premier pro CS3? If so, how?? I have never been able to get either program to recognise the camera. Actually, the same goes for HDV Split.

I'm lucky my wife has an HV20 which all programs recognise immediately, so I transfer from that. Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks.
Neal Reville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Neal. Yes I can capture from my XH-A1 to Vegas. To capture HDV need to switch off the HDV-DV downconversion in the camera, and select the Internal capture application in Vegas (External capture is for DV).

It's possible your cam's FW port is not working, there have been other cases of this reported.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks,Richard. Yes, I've done that. The download output is set to HD and I use the internal (HD) capture in VEGAS. Nothing! Strange also that Premier CS3 is the same. It may indeed be that my firewire is not working! If so, it has been like this since new. I know, now, that it is possible to do this download.

Thanks again.
Neal Reville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

The firewire port on the XH-A1 has been known to fail (mine did, with the same symptoms as yours). If the camcorder's still under warranty, get it checked.
Nick Gordon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders