Canon XH A1 set up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #1
Tourist

Canon XH A1 set up

Hey

I recently just got myself a Canon XH A1, and a Letus35 Extreme. I'm working with a Nikon f1.8 50mm lens. I've been playing around with the set up, and to be honest the quality isn't that great. The technology has potential to work wonders, but me myself, I dont think I'm using it right.

I just wanted some advice on what set up to use. Apparently the PFVision is best for low light filming. I've tried using that but it doesn't look great when using the Letus.

Basically I'm shooting an independent film this summer, and want a film look. I'm trying to get close to what this producer has got to: Canon XH A1 Color Correction Reel on Vimeo
Mine looks nothing like it at the moment. I think the main problem is the colour correction. I'm using Final Cut Express 4.0, and was wondering if it's just the case of manually tweaking the footage independently? And if there is anyone out there using the Letus, which Nikon lens and presets?

I'm kind of a beginner at using these bigger, better camcorders from your average joe hand held camcorders, so please bare with me.

Thanks in Advance.
Sandeep Marwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Major Player

It would be helpful if you posted some of your footage to see if there is anything we can help you with in your raw footage. It may not be your set up at all. Film look has more to do with good lighting, framing and camera movements than just shallow DOF.
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Major Player

yep! Throw some footy up and we'll get to it!

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders