how to connect two Sony UWP-C1 wireless transmitters on XH A1s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 14th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

how to connect two Sony UWP-C1 wireless transmitters on XH A1s

i just ordered my XHA1s and was wondering how am i going to connect my two sony uwp-c1 recievers on the camera ? i use canon XL2 and have build my own holder to mount both transmitters at the back of the camera ... what should be my setup on A1s if i want to have a light in the shoe in and then two transmitter? is there a place i can fit these transmitter n the camera ..if some one can guide me ...
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Trustee

I mount two Sennheiser receivers using a Bracket1 universal bracket and two BEC sennheiser mount boxes; I know BEC has boxes for certain Sony models but don't know which fits your system. You might look at the bhphotovideo site for information on these items; or, considering you are fortunate enough to live nearby their superstore, ask them to fit you. best wishes / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

any specific model for my sony? i looked at the site ... didnt find any thing
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Trustee

I'm not familiar with your specific model, so I can't be of help there, but as I said above, you might talk to B&H, they're pretty good about knowing their stuff. Or try BEC themselves for help: Digital Video Camera Accessories, Wireless Receiver Holders, Digital Camera Accessory, Camera Brackets by The BEC Group /bvaughan
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Inner Circle

BHphoto.com>Professional Video>Audio for Video>Receiver Camera Mounts>(filter)BEC>page 2>6th unit down>BEC BECURXP1 Wireless Receiver Holder for Sony UWP TransmittersMfr# BEC-URX-P1 B&H# BEURXP1,$69.95 each
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Trustee

Thanks to Don's sharp eye in finding this. While I was poking around B&H to see what I'd missed, ran into this, which may be of interest, a clip for your Sony's that works directly on the Bracket1 Universal Bracket. They make one for Sennys also, think I may buy one. It's lots cheaper and less bulky than the BEC boxes....worth a look: Bracket1 | Universal On Camera Wireless Receiver Mount

Battle Vaughan
Old April 15th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #7
Regular Crew

thanks for all the help

i am looking at this one
BEC | BECURXP1 Wireless Receiver Holder | BEC-URX-P1 | B&H Photo

and was wondering is this for just one reciever? or both would fit in there?has any one used it before ? if only one would fit .. how would i attach it on the camera ?
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #8
Trustee

That's a metal box that holds one receiver; you can piggyback two together to hold 2 receivers, and attach the both of them to a proper bracket. This is what I'm doing with the Sennheisers on my xha1 using the Bracket 1 Universal bracket I mentioned earlier. / bvaughan
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Regular Crew

BEC transmitters and plates/brackets

i have researched around the BEC website looking for plates/brackets and transmitter holders for a Canon XH A1, the interesting thing is that no where on the website they have mentioned the plates/bracket/transmitter holder are for what camera. since we all know that every camera have its own unique dimensions and complexities.

secondly, if i buy two wireless transmitter holders and one plate to mount them on, its will cost me around $ 200, which is way over my budget just to mount two transmitters.

can some one provide me with a cheaper solution for this problem?
May be i can just buy one bracket/plate and than somehow try to mount them transmitters on it, any ideas?

thanks
Ansab Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #10
Inner Circle

the bracket that attaches to the camera is universal.
I thinks it's the DVCAM bracket or something like that, about $75.00
The boxes for the receivers are dedicated to a certain mfgr and insome cases certain models.
Keep in mind that mounting 2 receivers on a small form factor camera will severly change the balance. Hell it even does thaton a full size camera.
You could just get the bracket and velcro the receivers to it.
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Regular Crew

where do we even attach the plate to my canon xh a1?

i have looked all over my camera, there is no place i can think of where i can attach the plate. i have the camera in my hand.

where can i attach the plate?

thanks
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #12
Inner Circle

the bracket is screwed to the bottom of the camera to the tripod mounting hole using a supplied 1/4X20 screw. the only problem is if you are using a quick release plate as well. The screw is generally a bit short to fit thru the bracket to the camera but you can make it work.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #13
Regular Crew

which bracket?

which bracket and where can i get it?

im so sorry u must be thinking, i'm askign too many questions but i really need it for a coverage next friday....

thanks man......
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #14
Major Player

If you want a very quick and simple solution, just strap the two UPC receivers together, back to back.

Next, open out the external mike holder so it makes an almost flat platform and strap (a couple of rubber bands will do) the two receivers on to it.

I've done it using one receiver so can't see why it won't work with two. It also means they're nice and close to the XLR inputs.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #15
Trustee

I just want to say that the Bracket1 mounts are top notch. I got the "HD" model for my XHA1 and it worked really great. Plenty of room for one or two receivers with either the mounting clips or velcro, plus it's lightweight and strong. No problems for mounting to the camera, as there's a recessed screw to go into the tripod mount on the camera, and a tripod plate easily screws on over that. Money well spent on a solid and lightweight accessory.

Bracket1 | HD Wireless Reciever Bracket | VISLBR1HD | B&H Photo

Bracket1 | Attachment Clip for Sony UWP Series | VISLSCLIP | B&H

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders