Combining Full HD footage with XH A1 in FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 27th, 2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Combining Full HD footage with XH A1 in FCP

Hello All,

Imagine, I got footage out of sequence of stills which I exported from After Effect as 1920x1080 resolution. Now I need to combine this with Canon's files which are 1440x1080 stretched.

What would be the setting for this in Final Cut Pro 6 without disturbing the resolution and pixel ration? Shall I export the stills 1440x1080 and then stretch them like the Canon files? If yes this would be disaster as I have already prepared majority of the work in 1920x1080.

Many thanks for your input.
Regards,
Pavel
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Trustee

Not to worry, the stills will work fine, FCP recognizes the stills and adjusts... We routinely make stills a little larger, in fact, than the frame size to provide some adjustment. You can wire-frame adjustments as needed to position the image. TIF uncompressed files work best for us; if you are animating or adding text, you may want to add 65 points of motion blur to the still image to eliminate fading and jaggies. Don't know why it works, but it does.....best wishes / Battle Vaughan /miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you. Will look into this and try to add the motion blur.

Pavel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders