XH-A1 presets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 27th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Major Player

XH-A1 presets

I'm interested in downloading the presets in Chris Hurd's website, but see it is locked. I tried to regester but had no luck. Could someone tell me how to go about this please?

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #2
Major Player

?? They are right here on the forums. http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/canon-xh-...rary-copy.html

Just click n save.

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #3
Major Player

A1 presets

Thanks John,
I spent the good part of last night trying to download these presets, but was unsuccessful. I dragged them into a folder on my desktop, and then tried to click and copy them, nothing seems to work. It's as if there is no content on them. My A1 was grayed out in the card to camera mode.

I thought of trying to do it manually from the spreadsheet but couldn't open it up on the computer.

I read through about 25 pages of the "download resets library" but nothing seemed to help.

I feel embarrassed as it seems I am experiencing a very basic problem on how to store and open these files. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

BTW, thanks for the invaluable info. found on this forum.

Michael
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Having read the original Library presets thread by Chris Hurd, and after writing the last post came across a new thread devoted to this topic. so I guess I'll go to the newer thread, as I recognise many of the problems others are having over there. Such as being directed to a sign in page etc.

Michael
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Major Player

XH-A1 presets

After two nights of trying to download these presets on my IMac, I gave up. I then thought what the heck, I'll try it on my PC in the other room. Magic! It took seconds! I then inserted the SD card into my A1, and all the presets were on the card, and the camera recognized them. I'm a happy man!

Thanks to all for the wonderful work, and sharing these!

In reading this forum it appears that the majority of users have PV's and not Mac's. I don't think these preset files can be recognized on a Mac. So those are my words of wisdom to Mac users who need to download them..... do it on a PC.

Michael
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

cannot download the presets

I´ve been fighting to download this presets to my I-mac and now to a pc but no way. can anybody tell me wich application shall I need for this cpf file?

thanks a lot
Alioshka Pakareva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #7
Trustee

Just throw those .cpf files right into the presets folder on the XHA1 card. The presets do need to be named "PRESET01" "PRESET02" etc. in order to work however, at least on the original XHA1. You can have up to 8 on the camera and 18 on the card I think.

This might help as well, it's Dutch, but I think you can figure it out. Link to 40 presets is at the bottom.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Inner Circle

It all depends what you're using your A1 for. If you've got time to play with the presets go for all of them.
If you want to get stuck into some production, IMO find 3 or 4 and use those. FWIW I settled on PANALOOK,(general) VIVIDRGB,(for stronger colours) PANAVISION (scenic) PFVISION (indoors,low light) PANALOOK2 (faces)

To learn 'em, I wrote those names on a tiny piece of paper and taped it to the back of the battery.
Cheers.
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #9
Trustee

Agreed, my favorites are PANALOOK, PANAFILM, and VISION02. numbers 14, 6, and 2 on my card! Also really like the REALITY for stage work and the like when lots of time and effort goes into making the lights look good for an audience.

It can be difficult to remember, so I printed out a little chart as well, and put it under the playback button cover.
Attached Thumbnails
XH-A1 presets-img_0024.jpg  
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Nate .. ha! I didn't think under that cover .. cool!!
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Haustein View Post
It can be difficult to remember, so I printed out a little chart as well, and put it under the playback button cover.
Brilliant, Nate! For several years I've been carrying around a small "cheat sheet" in my bag to reference to, even though I mostly use maybe three of my altered favs. Thanks for the idea.
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Bill what presets do you use, and what did you alter?

Chris, pity we can't run a poll here for favourite presets...?

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders