DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Do you use NeoScene? What's your settings? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/236530-do-you-use-neoscene-whats-your-settings.html)

Scott Gold June 1st, 2009 02:47 PM

Do you use NeoScene? What's your settings?

Do you use NeoScene with your XH-A1? What's your settings in NeoScene when trying to capture 24f footage? I'm using PP CS3 by the way.

Scott Gold June 1st, 2009 11:53 PM

Nobody?? Come on, someone has to be using NeoScene with their XH-A1......

Dany Badaoui June 2nd, 2009 03:03 AM

you might be better off trying HDVSPLIT. Most do.

Scott Gold June 2nd, 2009 10:21 AM

What is HDVSPLIT? Do I use it instead of NeoScene? Do I used it before or after?

Chris Barcellos June 2nd, 2009 10:38 AM

Scott:

Neo Scene does not give you many choices. You want to preserve your format, and if you shot 24p, you will probably want to remove pulldown.

Scott Gold June 2nd, 2009 11:08 AM

Wow, when I bought my XH-A1 everyone talked about Cineform like it was the Holy Grail. And now I'm thinking about buying NeoScene and no one knows what I'm talking about.

I thought NeoScene captures footage in a better format than the default capture utility in CS3. I thought this Cineform format allowed you to edit better in CS3 because it's not as highly compressed.

All I want to do is edit 24f footage in CS3 and have more latitude in post with a format that isn't as compressed as HDV.

I downloaded NeoScene last week and tried capturing 24f footage and found out that when I imported it into CS3, it was 29.97. What is going on?

Scott Gold June 3rd, 2009 01:40 PM

So....no one is using NeoScene with their XH-A1????

Matthew Amirkhani June 3rd, 2009 02:07 PM

Hi Scott,

I think you'll get better answers to your question if you post the question under Cineform software showcase threads.

Scott Gold June 3rd, 2009 02:16 PM

Matthew,
I'm trying in XH-A1, Cineform and even Adobe CS3 forums....no one seems to be using NeoScene these days. It's really weird. I'm wondering if I should just call Cineform and bug them for a while.

Richard Gooderick June 3rd, 2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Gold (Post 1152836)
What is HDVSPLIT? Do I use it instead of NeoScene? Do I used it before or after?

For that matter what is NeoScene and what's it got to do with an XH A1 :-)

Scott Gold June 3rd, 2009 02:56 PM

Richard,
HDV is a heavily compressed format to edit with. Cineform created NeoScene as a intermediate codec to help with editing HDV footage. When I 1st purchased the XH-A1 Cineform was all the rage. Now when I'm thinking about buying it, it seems there are no supporters anymore. Totally weird. Just trying to figure out what to do.

Chris Barcellos June 3rd, 2009 03:51 PM

Go to Cineform.com and explore too. As for your camera, I don't own one. But I do own the HV20, and Cineform's NeoScene is ideal for the 24p format from the HV20. I removes pull down, and leaves you with a Cineform codec .avi file to edit in, at 24 fps.

The way I understand 24f from your camera is that it is 24p laid into a 60i stream. If that is the case, removing pull down should be accomplished by capturing a checking the 24p box in NeoScene. I suggested that a few post back, and you have continued whining without letting anyone know if you tried it.

If you go to the Cineform forum and do a search there, your issue may have been addressed. If not, start a thread there, and David Newman, or others from Cineform will respond.

Scott Gold June 3rd, 2009 04:26 PM

Chris,
You never suggested anything other than "remove the pull-down". Well, with what, NeoScene or HDVSplit?

However, your second response/suggestion was more appropriate: "The way I understand 24f from your camera is that it is 24p laid into a 60i stream. If that is the case, removing pull down should be accomplished by capturing a checking the 24p box in NeoScene."
That actually helped and is similar to the answer I got in the cineform forum.

BTW, I still haven't got a single response from a XH-A1 owner on any forum saying they are using NeoScene.

Jack Walker June 3rd, 2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Gold (Post 1153596)
BTW, I still haven't got a single response from a XH-A1 owner on any forum saying they are using NeoScene.

I have an XH-A1, shoot 24p, and I used NeoScene. Just as has been said, capture or convert and check the remove telecine box.

I don't use NeoScene now because I have upgrade to ProspectHD. I am starting to use CS3 and I also need the benefits of the new First Light program.

All questions are answered in short order on the Cineform forum hear at DV Info.