Best Setting for web footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Best Setting for web footage?

I shoot using the XHA1 and was wondering whats the best setting for footage that is being shown on the we only. I currently shoot 60I. Is there another suggested setting for this?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi, Kevin --- I can only suggest what our workflow is (was, I just retired) at miamiherald.com --- there are lots of ways to skin a cat....we shoot 1080i60, and export a full-res .mov file for archive purposes (for repurposing, or for future use when today's web resolutions are a laughable anacronism). Then we compress to, depending on who's doing it, a Quicktime Broadband Hi conversion or a Sorenson - Squeeze resized and compressed web version at 15 fps deinterlaced. Since 15 is a function of 60, it works out nicely. Most of us didn't use the 24 frame option at all; one of our team occasionally works with this, but has to download from the camera instead of the Sony deck, as the deck doesn't support Canon's 24 frame mode. This, of course, is just our workflow and doubtless there are many other solutions. For web only and no hi-res archive or repurposing needs you could record in the SD mode, for example, since it is higher res than most web players at this time. / Battle Vaughan /retired Miami Herald video team member
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Major Player

I've had great results with 700kbps for all of my videos. Flv format. Full 30 frames a second.

Example:
Vehicle-Specific LED Dome Lights at StylinTrucks.com
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders