xha1 and hv30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

xha1 and hv30

Question for you guys, when I compare these two cameras, i seem to have a better picture with the hv30 than the xha1, it seems as though the colors with the hv30 are much warmer which makes the picture much more vivid. Any suggest of what i can do with my xha1 to get a little warmer colors within the camera?
thanks!
Andy Loos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I have both cameras. XH-A1 default video look is very flat. But it is good for color correction in post. However, XH-A1 is capable of uisng presets. Search the forum and you will find lots of them free to use. I love VividRGB.
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Canon seem to work on the basis that consumers want warm colours out of the box, but that pros want the flatter ones so they can be clever in post.

As has been said, presets are a great way round this
Nick Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 01:30 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I use Matrox color correction preset to match the output from HV30 and XH-A1. I think I did a pretty good job =) Color matching XH-A1 and HV30 | L.A. Color Blog
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders