Xh A1 cover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Xh A1 cover

I do a ton of shooting near the ocean, and get a lot of salt spray in the air and onto my camera, is there a nice cover to buy that will protect my camera and still be easy to use it while shooting??? Not to expensive either..
John Cambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Well you could try a proprietary rain cover, Porta-Brace or Kata; but for low cost, try a large white plastic garbage bag which should cover the tripod head as well. You'd have to experiment taping it up for windy conditions so it doesn't flap about.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near the salt water/surf without a camera cover and I wipe everything down after every shoot.

Cheers.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I have the Kata rain cover for the A1, it will work OK for what you want,
at $80 To $100 bucks it's cheap insurance. As allan said I sure would be cleaning everything thouroly afterwords anyway.
Robin Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've used a garbage bag and torn it around the lens and it works really well using the eyepeice and not the LCD, but if your working with clients, its better to get a cover.
Morgan Cox is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders