Critique my second video! =) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 29th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Major Player

Critique my second video! =)

I shot this commercial for one of my best friends, who owns this gym. In the final segment when the title moves to the center I was going to have my friend come out and deliver the final line, but my green screen lighting is all messed up. I'm using a 5 point fluorescent kit and a muslin screen, but my subjects have too much green spill. I was going to get minus green gels, but I'm hearing conflicting advice on that, so I have no idea what to do. Plus, 2 of the 6 bulbs in my key light burned out. Anyhow, here it is without the green screen addition. Is it even necessary? Lastly I picked up a Letus 35 Extreme Starter Kit today off a guy on craigslist for $1,000, so I can't wait to start using it. He spent quite some time giving me video advice and showing me how to use the Letus. Thanks for watching =)

YouTube - Fitness Xperts Commercial
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Patrick. Looks good man. Straight forward and to the point for the client. All the b-roll looked professional and the voiceover was good to. I am not interested in a gym membership, but watching the commercial, gives all the vital info for that gym. Good work man.
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks. My friend the gym owner did the voice over. Like me, he's an actor, and we actually both got cast not long ago for a commercial together, so he was definitely a good help in arranging the extras (his clients, lol), and blocking and whatnot. The commercial is a little long, but that's what he wanted.

btw, I fixed the green screen problem by moving my studio into a bigger room in the house.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #4
Major Player

Very nice! A little long for a commercial, but it was good!

I would have enhanced the reds more in the shirts and what not throughout it so the name would stick in people's heads better. When they see the color red, they would think of Fitness Xperts. :)
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders