Commercial for "Simple Green" shot with XH As at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Commercial for "Simple Green" shot with XH As

Here's a commercial I shot for the cleaning product "Simple Green" with my XH A1s, enjoy!

30 Second: Poptent :: Media "In Honor Of Simple Green (In HD)"

60 Second Version: Poptent :: Media "In Honor Of Simple Green (60 Second Version)"
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Cute... :)
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Bryan, much appreciated!
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Good work Danny. I like the 60 sec version more, but both were good. Only thing that caught my eye was not enough lighting on the car scene. Just looked really dark. Other than that....thumbs up!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the kind words Morgan, I was a little surprized that you thought the car scene was too dark because I still think it's too light, haha;)

The car scene was shot in bright sunlight with the ND filter on, we waited for a cloudy day here in Albuquerque for 2 weeks to no avail. So I did my best with Color Correction and sky replacement to make it appear to be a dark cloudy day for the lightning scene and as I said, to me it still looks too light. Doh!

I've included some raw untouched footage before and CC with FX after screen grabs so you can see what I started and ended with, Thanks much for your input again! (Click image for a larger view)
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial for "Simple Green" shot with XH As-lightningbeforeafter.jpg   Commercial for "Simple Green" shot with XH As-incarbeforeafter.jpg  

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Major Player

Well I'm very impressed...but it looks like you could have used a little Simple Green on the dash of your car dude : )
G. Randy Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #7
Major Player

Haha, no doubt man.

The funny thing is that I did use Simple Green on the entire viewable right side of the car before filming but the top and left side were still totally dirty, Guess I should have taken 2 minutes for the dash too. Haha, live and learn;)

Thanks.
Danny Winn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders