Final Cut Pro - Color Profile advise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 4th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Final Cut Pro - Color Profile advise

I finally figured out the way to change the color profile when capturing footage,

is Apple PreRes 422 much better than than the default DV/DVCAM NTSC setting for color profile?

This is SD 16:9 footage shot at 24F, I used the Trucolor2 custom preset.
David Stembridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

a little additional related information:

Using FCP 7.0.2, with a Canon XHA1s camera.

When I capture SD footage shot at 16:9/24F, using the DV/DVPRO - NTSC color profile, it captures footage at 720 x 480 yet shows (853 x 480) when playing back as a QT file with "info" showing; if I only change the color profile to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ, it only shows up as 720 x 480 after capturing a clip, and has to be rendered if I drop on the timeline with clips captured as mentioned above.

If I open both clips, of course there's a difference in size. I'd like to capture with ProRes 422 HQ profile; but want to make sure I am capturing with the correct aspect ratio.
Attached Thumbnails
Final Cut Pro - Color Profile advise-setting1.jpeg  
David Stembridge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders