Canon XHA1-monitor audio off when I plug in headphones at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 7th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #1
New Boot

Canon XHA1-monitor audio off when I plug in headphones

Hi
I've looked at the manual and did a google search and also searched on dvinfo. So I couldn't find any answers.

When I go to plug in my headphones to monitor the audio, it is showing an OFF message in the display. It shows up in the bottom right corner of the display for a few seconds then goes away. I've tried different head phones but still showing the off sign.

I hope it isn't broken. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Ratu
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Major Player

G'day Ratu.

It's not broke mate, you just have to turn up the audio level with the control marked select/set (same control you use to change menu settings), bottom left of the battery door at the back of the camera.

Flick it 'up' a few times to bring up the playback levels.

Hey, I know who the winner was last night and it wasn't us.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #3
New Boot

Bill thanks for that mate.
That did the trick. First time it has happened to me and I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual.

Mate that was a real test match last night. Pocock had another good game last night and it would have been nice to have Quade cooper in there last night. He's got skills. He grew up in Tokoroa my home town.

We maybe playing good rugby this year, but we know when it comes to the world cup, that all the top teams have a chance of winning the cup. Mate I've given up on winning that damm cup. Still would like us to win though.

Cheers
Ratu

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders