Set Up For SD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Set Up For SD

I know this is a dumb Question, what frame rate,& compress 480i or 1080i for SD 16:9 In the A1. I just can't get good results downcoverting from HD to MPEP2 for DVD output.
Tim Glidewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM   #2
Major Player

This has been discussed several times.....

Good dowconverts are best when you're using a 1080P signal.
Otherwise, if you've already used interlaced, then you need to properly deinterlace your footage (usually with freeware like Virtualdub), and then resize.....

Good luck!!!!
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:57 PM   #3
New Boot

SD From XH-A1

Is there a place where I can find out how to or what setting to put this cam in SD. I know where in the menu, but what frame rate comp. out 480i 1080i??? SD 16:9-FR 60i-Comp.out 480i I just want to shoot in SD 16:9 to get through this project. I tried the HDV way hoping to get to DVD MPEG2 in the end, but the downcovet in Compressor in FC suite weren't even good enough to, well maybe I could use it . Now I can't get the cam to shoot anything close to maybe good in SD, all edges are stair stepped badly badly!!! I could use some help to get me back to a base line, I've done so many test it been 12-14 hours a day for the last three days. I'm At a loss
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:36 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hers my workflow to get to DVD when shooting HD. I found the quality is excellent on dvd

Edit in HD in Premiere pro.
Export to after effects using quicktime animation highest quality, keyframes etc.
Do any corrections and effects in after effects
export out to quciktime animation again
For dvd compression I use TMPGE. I find it very good but you will still get excellent results with your compressor.
Howard Churgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM   #5
New Boot

What is TMEPG I'm in FCP
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Major Player

Tsunami Mpeg Encoder

It's a third party encoder.....
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders