Presets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Presets

Hi All,

After a 2 year break I am now getting back into some videography (yeah)! I have a XHA1 and my first question is now matter what configuration I try the colours always seem dull. I have seen plenty of different of videos on youtube ‪preset Canon XH-A1‬‏ - YouTube which cycle through different presets.

Can somebody please tell me is there a official site where you download these or do you need to manually configure and save each one and if so are they stored on the SD Card and how many can be stored?

Thank you
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Presets

Tariq,

There is big long thread (sticky) about this in the canon XH A camera section. Right above this thread actually.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh...rary-copy.html
Paul Elertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi,

I downloaded the file named 'James Lynch Preset List.xls' I then created a new folder on my memory card named 'PRESET' and copied the xls file into the folder. I then inserted my memory card into my XHA1 and now not sure what to do next.

I may be way off but I cant seem to find out do I need cpf files if so how do I convert the xls into cpf? How does the XHA1 read the presents of the memory card?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Tariq, specific instructions are included in my post, the very first one in that presets thread (linked above). You can enter the preset values into your camera manually, or you can simply download each CPF file, which is a lot faster and easier... everything you need to know is in the first post of that thread. If you get hung up on a specific step, then I'm sure we can help you through it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi,

Sorry my fault got them working last night. Amazing presets I can not wait to start soothing! Thank you I love this website!
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Yeah, thanks Chris for that awesome contribution to the rest of us...

Question.. My camera is only recognizing 20 of the presets.. not the 40 some odd.. As I scroll through the ones on the card it is only going up to 20... Anyone know why that is, or if there is a way for me to get all 40 that are on the card to show up?

thanks,
tobin
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Tobin, twenty is the maximum number that the camera will recognize on any given card. If you have forty presets, you'll need two SD cards.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks chris, you da man.
t
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders