Footage - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Our forum policy simply grants exclusivity to our site sponsors, all of whom are currently based in the U.S., so it won't bother me if you have a preferred dealer in Tokyo that you'd like to recommend. Thanks,
I should have been a bit more careful though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I don't know if we were to discuss that here because of the forum policy. Why don't you email me.
Thanks, I will send you a mail. :)
Jonathan Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:54 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
My guess is that Canon will ship an AVC model after everyone else does.

Look at your history: they were the last to get into DV, DVD and HDV camcorders.
I'm gonna go against the grain a little and guess that Canon will ship some consumer AVCHD product in 2007, probably replacements for the DVD line. It just makes business sense. Panasonic and Canon have both abandoned the $1200-1400 bracket, probably because of the HC1 and now HC3. Sony is going to start invading the sub 1K market soon I imagine and that's just going to impact sales of other manufacturers too much I believe. I see no reason that Canon can't get an AVCHD DVD cam out within a year's time.

Hey Chris, on a technical note I don't know if I'd say Canon was the last to produce HDV camcorders. We're still waiting for Samsung, Sharp and Hitachi to provide any sort of HDV product (and I'm NOT going to count that Handycam thing). Granted, they're consumer cam makers, but Sony has already released two affordable consumer models. And I'd bet a dollar that Canon will beat those guys to a shipping HDV consumer model as well.

www.philipwilliams.com
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #33
Regular Crew

When!

Anybody have any ideas on when we should see some G1/A1 footage? Earlier than the cams release date??
Jack Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
I can't believe that the Spoetzel Brewery isn't a DVINFO sponsor yet. You need to work on that. (hehe)

-gb-
I personally do my part to keep 'em in business.
Jim OQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #35
Major Player

I imagine the footage will be all but indistinguishable from the H1.
Old August 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Struthers
I imagine the footage will be all but indistinguishable from the H1.
I have to agree. I know we've been comparing the new cameras to the GL series because of their relationship to the XL H1, but if you look at their pricepoint, the XH A1 is in a similar pricerange as the original price for the XL2.

So rather than trying to deliver a "handicapped" camcorder to the consumer masses, I imagine Canon may be trying to deliver a camera to the same market that bought into previous XL series cameras.

Just my random thoughts.

Juan
Juan Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #37
Contributor

There's no comparison at all to the GL series, even if it were an SD camera. The GL has 1/4" chips. These new HDV cameras have 1/3' chips, presumably the same as the XL H1. For some reason people were always comparing the GL1 and 2 with the 1/3" chip cameras like the VX2000. I guess because they were priced more like a 1/3" chip camera than a 1/4" one.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #38
Regular Crew

bump from another shiner drinker from TX
Dean Digamon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders