Canon XH batteries / battery thread - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 27th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #316
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Tersteeg View Post
Hallo Thomas

If you're looking for a good and cheap solution:

Look here i use 2 of them for a year no problems.

http://www.saake-shop.nl/products/Ca...2F+BP-941.html
Arnold,

Does this battery have the same amount of electrical contacts as the original BP970 of Canon?

Groeten,

Gert
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #317
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stakes View Post
any update on Impact battery users?? It's either two of these, or one from Canon :(
i too also have the Impact BP970. It has 7600 mAh, been using it for over a year now. Let me give you a nice scenario.

I charged this battery about 1.5-2weeks ago until it was full. I threw it in my camera bag, I had 4 tapes of HD footage on my desk that needed to be captured.

Now all the capture was done about almost 2weeks later.

1) I rewind all the tapes, then i capture.
2) Four hours later, the battery was only at half mark. My camera LCD was on so i could see the video, plus audio was up too.

4 tapes, 4 rewinds, 4 captures with playback on lcd(video/audio). Battery only at half mark.

I would definitely recommend this battery. Not a single regret at all, it fits the camera perfectly too!

Last edited by Kalulu Ngilo; February 28th, 2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Kalulu Ngilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM   #318
Trustee

I use allot of Impact batteries (B&H sells them) in various electronics I have and they've all been great- no issues at all.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:14 AM   #319
Major Player

thankyou for those comments! I am buying my Impact BP970 right now from B&H.

Last edited by John Stakes; March 1st, 2008 at 08:04 PM.
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM   #320
Major Player

ok, i lied...ended up going with the Canon battery...now I can sleep at night.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM   #321
Inner Circle

How's this to keep you on the sleeping pills?!

I have used the Canon and off brand batteries for years now and I have only had one fail and that was just a few weeks ago. It was the brand new Li-ion battery pack "G" that came with my new XL H1. It just quit all of a sudden. Says it's fully charged when on the charger, but put it on the camera and it does nothing.

I think I'll buy some more ebay 945's. :)

Mike
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #322
Regular Crew

They're charging us £200 ($400) on average for Canon batteries (BP-970) over here, which is more than double the price people pay in the US.

Has anyone found good quality non-Canon batteries in the UK? Or have the name of a supplier who sells Impact batteries?
Vinny Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #323
Major Player

Yikes! You could probably order from B&H and even with shipping costs come out way ahead.

Good luck
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #324
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch View Post
How's this to keep you on the sleeping pills?!....I think I'll buy some more ebay 945's. :)

Mike
the thing is that I had a deadline to make, and I could not take any chances on a 3rd party battery. Canon battery is guarunteed no issues. And if there ever are issues, they will get there battery right back. Plus I don't have to have the lingering thoughts (is the mAH level right, will the battery meter work, am i getting the right amount of volts, etc...) Could this possibly effect performance, or is a battery just a battery just a battery? Now I don't have to ask these questions.

and Vinny...Bill is right, if you go with Impact, get them from B&H.

-JS
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #325
Regular Crew

The difference between canon and impact is $20.00 why wouldn't one just purchase the canon brand instead? I am looking to buy new batteries soon and I just noticed that on the website. I will be getting the canon brand for the peace of mind but shipping is where i am getting hit hard. I will try to see if I can get the canon battery from ebay. Shipping is coming to close to $50.00 USD :( from B&H.

canon bp 945 | B&H Photo Video
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #326
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Amanali View Post
The difference between canon and impact is $20.00 why wouldn't one just purchase the canon brand instead? I am looking to buy new batteries soon and I just noticed that on the website. I will be getting the canon brand for the peace of mind but shipping is where i am getting hit hard. I will try to see if I can get the canon battery from ebay. Shipping is coming to close to $50.00 USD :( from B&H.

canon bp 945 | B&H Photo Video
wow $50?

if you want i can pick up anything for you at B&H since i live/work in nyc and im there at least once a week.
I took get all my goodies from there.

I use Lenmar BP970G tho. same quality and feel as the OEM Canons.
Samuel Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #327
Major Player

I bought two batteries on ebay for about $20 (shipping included) each, and so far they've performed as well as the factory battery supplied with my XH-A1. They're made in (and shipped from) China, and before anyone purses their lips let me remind you that Canon doesn't MAKE batteries - they're often made in the same Asian factories as the no-name articles, but you pay a 1000% mark-up for the little decal and warranty. ;-)

J.
Jacques E. Bouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #328
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Flood View Post
They're charging us £200 ($400) on average for Canon batteries (BP-970) over here, which is more than double the price people pay in the US.

Has anyone found good quality non-Canon batteries in the UK? Or have the name of a supplier who sells Impact batteries?
Vinny,

You are probably sorted by now, but anyone looking for a batt in the UK would be well advissed to go with SWIT - videogear.co.uk sell them - I think around 65quid for the BP945 equivalent - deligted with mine for the XH - no issues at all. A couple of hours use and the battery guage just starts to move off full. They also make good external monitors.

Nick.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #329
Regular Crew

I've bought a couple of 970 equivalents from Amazon at about £30 each. So far they've been fine.

Ian
Festival Video and Audio Previews - Festival Previews Ltd
Ian Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #330
Major Player

Good for you Ian and half the price of the SWIT too! Never thought of Amazon for these

Nick
Nick Wilcox-Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders