DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon XH batteries / battery thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/72441-canon-xh-batteries-battery-thread.html)

Bill Pryor November 15th, 2006 09:13 PM

If you don't have a suction cup, probably a piece of gaffer tape would work, but not quite as well. Best to stick with Canon batteries if possible. I'm guessing the housing on the cheaper batteries may be just a little bit thicker.

Lou Bruno November 16th, 2006 07:30 AM

And longer not allowing the small release button to have enough tension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
If you don't have a suction cup, probably a piece of gaffer tape would work, but not quite as well. Best to stick with Canon batteries if possible. I'm guessing the housing on the cheaper batteries may be just a little bit thicker.

Larry Huntington November 16th, 2006 03:07 PM

I shook the camera downwards while holding the batery release button. This is with the big Lenmar battery. I am thinking about sanding the case of the battery with fine grit to fix the issue. It seems to slide out easier now after the first time it was stuck.

Herbert Bolander November 18th, 2006 09:30 AM

What's the "G" in the A1's battery, BP-950G?

What's the "G" in the A1's battery, BP-950G?

I was too excited when I got my A1 and charged the BP-950G in my old, really old, Canon 910 charger that was sitting my my table. For some reason, it would not reach a full charge in that old thing. I now charge the BP-950G in the new charger that came with the A1 and no problems. :)

Thanks!

Chris Hurd November 18th, 2006 09:46 AM

Graphite. See http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68012 (The search function is your friend).

Bill Doyle November 18th, 2006 04:04 PM

Herbert,

I'm not sure about the 910, but the paper that comes with the 970G battery says that if you use it with a series 900 charger, it will indicate a full charge when, in reality, it is not. They suggest removing the battery and putting it back in the charger for a full charge.

Alex Dolgin November 19th, 2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Doyle
Herbert,

I'm not sure about the 910, but the paper that comes with the 970G battery says that if you use it with a series 900 charger, it will indicate a full charge when, in reality, it is not. They suggest removing the battery and putting it back in the charger for a full charge.

It probably is due to the timeout safety circuit in the older one. The new higher capacity pack takes longer to charge, so the timeout kicks in preventing full charge.

Dick Graham January 13th, 2007 01:01 PM

IDX Battery Adapter

Is there an adapter for the Cannon XH-A1 to use the IDX V-Lock 10s batteries. They have worked well with my XL-1 and I would like to use them with my new XH-A1.

Chris Sinista January 20th, 2007 04:48 PM

what batteries do you guys find fit best

I heard that the impact batteries are a very tight fit in the A1.
Is the cannon bp 950/970g are only opions?

Stu Siegal January 20th, 2007 06:13 PM

I use the 950/970's they fit perfect, last forever, and cost about the same as the off brand, if you shop around.

Anthony Leong January 20th, 2007 07:27 PM

Just go buy the Canon BP950/970 instead of those other brands since the price is almost the same. Give Scott a call from Tapeworks, since his price is pretty good on the Canon batteries.

Chris Hurd January 20th, 2007 07:55 PM

There have been several reports of third-party clones of the large battery getting stuck in the battery well. That doesn't seem to happen to genuine Canon batts, so I see no reason not to stick with them.

Larry Kamerman January 21st, 2007 01:08 PM

I have used the Power2000 for a few weeks now without incident. Fits without a problem and holds its charge well. Of course, I've only used it for a few weeks, so I can't comment on how it will work long term.

Byron Huskey January 21st, 2007 01:11 PM

I'm using 2 BP-945s as well (listed as working with the xl-h1, along with the 950 so I *think* it's mostly the same) and they're big, but fit perfectly.

Bill Pryor January 21st, 2007 05:17 PM

Anthony, the only batteries I can find on Tapeworks' web site are like AA, C--flashlight batteries. B&H is $129 for the BP-950G battery pack. I'm wondering if anybody else is significantly cheaper. That's not bad for a battery that lasts half a day with ease.