Canon Officially Releases Pricing on XHA1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Closed Thread

Old September 26th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #1
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Canon Officially Releases Pricing on XHA1

Canon has Officially Released pricing on the new XHA1.

CANON'S NEW XHA1 HDV Camcorder, has now been assigned an item code for order entry for Authorized Canon USA Dealers. This unit will start to ship Mid-October 2006 on a "FIRST COME FIRST SERVED" ORDER ENTRY DATE TO BACK ORDER.

Canon XHA1 MAP Pricing is $3,999.00

Anyone interested in purchasing this new HDV camcorder and wants to receive product when it is released, contact your preferred Canon USA Dealer and PLACE YOUR PRE-ORDER!

TapeWorks Texas Inc is placing a pre-order to Canon to have product availability once released. If you are interested in a quotation, please contact TapeWorks toll free 866-827-3489

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
A/V Equipment Sales Mgr.
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
Old September 26th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #2
Major Player

I'll be the first to ask is that the street price or the asking price...
Old September 26th, 2006, 02:19 PM   #3
Wrangler

They're always the same in first several months after the camera is released. Don't expect any discounts from reputable dealers; the best they might do is charge MAP for the camera and throw in freebie tapes or whatever.
Old September 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
They're always the same in first several months after the camera is released. Don't expect any discounts from reputable dealers; the best they might do is charge MAP for the camera and throw in freebie tapes or whatever.
I could always use a few free tapes... :-)
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #5
Barry Wan Kenobi

MAP = minimum advertised price. It's usually not the same as MSRP; for example, when the Sony Z1U was first introduced its MSRP was $5946, its MAP was $4900. Pretty much everyone sold it for $4900 from day one.

So we don't necessarily know what the MSRP is on the XH A1, but according to this post the minimum advertised price you'll see is $3999. Which means no dealer can advertise it for less. (sometimes they get around it by saying something like "our price is too low to advertise, please e-mail for our best price").
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM   #6
New Boot

Just wanted to chime in here and express my gratitude to Scott at Tapeworks for his impeccable service. He's a good and helpful guy who I just pre-ordered my A1 through.

Scott gave me permission to post on the board and let those of you know that Tapeworks is offering a promotion with their XH pre-orders -- a free CamRade CB-Single-I Cambag.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:19 PM   #7
Contributor

Strange web site. I never could find the Canon on there. Same with B&H. You have to type it in on the search line to find it--not listed with the other HDV cameras. But the Sony V1 is. WTF?
Old October 4th, 2006, 03:11 AM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
Strange web site. I never could find the Canon on there. Same with B&H. You have to type it in on the search line to find it--not listed with the other HDV cameras. But the Sony V1 is. WTF?
I should've said something in regards to that. Scott mentioned the website is in the midst of being worked on. I ended up just calling him at the number above after I had read his post off dvinfo.
Old October 4th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #9
Major Player

Bill, I've never had a problem finding Canons on B&H. Just go to professional video, cameras, then search under HDV...boom you're there
Old October 4th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #10
Contributor

Doesn't work for the A1. You have to go to the search box and type the name in, and then it shows up. It's not in the HDV section. The H1 is the only one that comes up that way.
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #11
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

TapeWorks Texas Inc now has the XHA1 and XHG1 webpages on our website with the Free CamRade CB-Single I Promotion advertised for all PRE-Orders.
If you are interested, you can go to the following website http://tapeworkstexas.com/canon_xha1.html or contact TapeWorks Toll Free 866-827-3489.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Old October 7th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #12
Obstreperous Rex

For our friends in Europe and the UK, DV Info Net recommends Production Gear in Hertfordshire: http://www.productiongear.co.uk/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders