They are almost here! Getting mine Thursday! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 1st, 2006, 10:55 AM   #16
Contributor

Now that's gutsy--getting a brand new camera in the day before a shoot. Not that I haven't done the same thing...years ago Sony overnighted my a BVW300. I got it one morning, unpacked it, put the lens on, charged the batteries, turned the camera on, it worked, put everything in a case and made an evening flight to Seattle; read the manual on the plane. That's cutting it a little close.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:13 AM   #17
Trustee

Have you received your tracking number?
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM   #18
Trustee

This is a nit I have with B&H but when I purchased my Z1 from them last year, it was in stock, I paid for next day air delivery, but they still didn't get it sent for 2 days.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:23 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I sent a note to customer service saying I was disappointed because I'd heard other, smaller, dealers were already shipping. Then I asked for free expedited shipping... yeah I know- like they could care less...
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM   #20
Tourist

(I've never been able to view the footage that's been posted...try to download the viewer I need for Mac and there's always a problem with the site, so I gave up).[/QUOTE]

This is what you need to do to view the video files on a Mac.
First you must download a copy of VLC. Here is a link. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

You must hold down the option key on your keyboard as you click on the file you want to download. This will download the file to your desktop by default. Next you must change the file extension from ".txt" to .Mov A screen will come up saying are you sure you want to change the extension from .txt to .mov click the use .Mpg button. You will notice that the icon of the file has now changed to a Quicktime logo. Unfortunately Quicktime will not play these files so double clicking the file will only bring up a error message. You must drag the file over the VLC icon to open it.

Hope this helps.
Frank Brocato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:17 PM   #21
Regular Crew

unhappy with ZOTZ

I contacted ZOTZ Digital back in July and was put on their list. They told me I would be on the first shippment, but I was just informed that I'll have to wait until they get a second shippment - at least another weeks wait!

Last edited by Donald White; November 1st, 2006 at 03:25 PM.
Donald White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:18 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper
Have you received your tracking number?
If you are asking me.....then no. I haven't received a tracking number yet.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:22 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald White
I contacted ZOTZ Digital back in July and was put on their list. They told me I would be on the first shippment, but I was just informed that I'll have to wait until they get a second shippment - at least another weeks wait! If you ask me - don't go with ZOTZ, they talk it up big... but when it comes to delivering the goods - no camera!
I have heard good things from Zotz so I wouldn't dismiss them so easily. I have purchased 3 large cameras from Christine at ZGC and have never been unhappy with the wait. 2 of these were brand new cameras and I got one out of the first batch both times. So far they deliver on what they say is going to happen.
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:23 PM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
Now that's gutsy--getting a brand new camera in the day before a shoot.
Well if I bought a Sony, or a Panasonic or a JVC I would be worried. The A1 is very similar to the H1 I just sold 5 days ago. So while I need to get familiar with a few changes, I feel I already know most of what the camera can do.

I hope.
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM   #25
Contributor

True, if you've already had an H1, then you're 95 percent there, I think.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM   #26
Regular Crew

just a quick question...is there any chance the price will come down just a little in the near future?
Jerry Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:06 PM   #27
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gordon
just a quick question...is there any chance the price will come down just a little in the near future?
That's a good question....there is always a chance. But the price is already so low for the feature set it has. I'd think it would be tought to get it any lower. We can hope.

The H1 stayed at it's price for a long long time. If the demand is high enough I don't foresee it dropping anytime soon.

Peace!
Old November 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM   #28
Trustee

Marty,
Congrats.Keep me posted on the A1.
We love the H1 you sold us, and I get to use it a wedding on Sat. The only thing is that I may have to shoot in Sd 4:3.Kind of like taking a Ferrari to a donkey race.
Thanks again for the great deal.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 02:15 PM   #29
Regular Crew

We just picked ours up today!!!!!
Eric Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM   #30
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Marty,
Congrats.Keep me posted on the A1.
We love the H1 you sold us, and I get to use it a wedding on Sat. The only thing is that I may have to shoot in Sd 4:3.Kind of like taking a Ferrari to a donkey race.
Thanks again for the great deal.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce, I have a wedding to shoot on Saturday also...so we will both be using our new cameras probably at the same time. I am glad you are happy with it. I was. But I had to make the sacrifice. I am really hoping the A1 is just as good as the H1, just missing a few features that I can live without.

Thanks!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders