Poor Low Light SO FAR - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Rognan
I think you have these switched around the canon has the bigger sensors
Holly-- you are probably thinking about the new V1U from Sony, which has the 1/4" CMOS sensors.... The Z1 and FX1 have 1/3"
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #47
Regular Crew

So I just went out and picked up an XHA1. I also own a HVX-200 and a PD-170. I'm going to do a low light comparison tonight and will posted it by tomorrow morning. I'm hopping to use this camera to start shooting HD weddings! I'm crossing my fingers.
Joe Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #48
Trustee

I did a little research and they both have 1/3" CCD sensors- in fact all 3 Canon HDV cams have this same sensor! (The HV10 uses a different CMOS sensor)
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #49
Trustee

Joe- I am extremly interested in hearing what you find- the HVX200 is an awesome camera and I'd like to see what you find.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #50
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrison Hayes
Wow...never knew that. i guess thats better being that i can screen a HD film here in Atlanta...as well in Japan without format change.
This stuff is getting so easy now...
Well, yes and no. You can screen SD or HD in Atlanta and Japan no problem, because Japan is NTSC and so is the US system.

But if you try to shoot something in HD and screen it in Atlanta and also in London, you'll run into a problem. European/Oceanic/Asian HD and US/Japan/etc HD are the same resolution and color space, but they're still incompatible because they run at different frame rates.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
Well, yes and no. You can screen SD or HD in Atlanta and Japan no problem, because Japan is NTSC and so is the US system.

But if you try to shoot something in HD and screen it in Atlanta and also in London, you'll run into a problem. European/Oceanic/Asian HD and US/Japan/etc HD are the same resolution and color space, but they're still incompatible because they run at different frame rates.
I'm just learnin' all kinds of worthless facts these days...Thanks Anyway Barry. Never knew that Japan was NTSC (lol)
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #52
Contributor

Is France still Seacam, which is the same as PAL but different?
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders