Sunrise Footage... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 18th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Evans
Hi Scott, thanks for posting. Good thing about a photography background is your already schooled on composition. Shuttle shots were nice, looking forward to seeing more.

Yes and no as to why it looks better. The reason I like the look of a shallow DOF on this cam is the bokeh is natural and very film like IMO, one of the best I have seen out of the box.
Exactly. If you pay attention to many of the shots that have been posted around the web you'll an hexagonal bokeh that is very film like. Also, usually when you zoom in to get dof with other cameras it looks flat and digital. With the A1 you really get an organic sense of 3d.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Beautiful shots Scott. Nice composition on the shuttle clip, but it was the fountain clip that has really sold me on this camera. The detail is incredible. I look forward to more clips until I bite the bullet and buy one myself. Time to sell the DVX.
-Kevin
Kevin Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:00 AM   #18
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words. I really dig this camera. My wife came in one day an thought I had Discovery HD. When she tells me the stuff looked 3-d I just knew we had a winning camera.

I'm just starting to delve into the menus and explore some of the options. I'm probably going to reshoot the fountain on a set of sticks. Shooting handheld at the long end of the zoom is a little challenging. I spend a lot of my life shooting with 400 and 600mm lenses and I see that trend continuing with my video. I certainly prefer the closeup where the extra resolution of HD really shines through.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Audette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #19
Major Player

Scott: were you shooting the fountain in 24f?
Dave Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #20
New Boot

I shot it at

I shot the footage at 1080 60i. I shot some at 24f but then the gardener came out with a leaf blower and the audio went to all heck. So I left.

I'm booked all weekend but if I go back Monday I will shoot in 24f.

Scott
Scott Audette is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders